[SEL] Quirky exhibits

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Tue Mar 29 05:36:47 PST 2005

Mike Bowlin is not longer on list - so I'll list his quirky exhibit -
A sheep, about 18" or so tall, with wool and all, had a windscreen washer
nozzle I believe it was, for a mouth. A small hose ran back to a bucket of
water and a windscreen washer pump.
Mike had a remote button he pushed from his lawnchair to run the pump.
There was a sign that said "BAD SHEEP" or something like that.
If folks got too close, the sheep spit on them.
Got a lot of laughs until the Iowa State Fair folks got all over him for
causing a dangerous situation when one old fart nearly stumbled while
backing away.

I used to display my mudpump working - pumping water through a large barrel.
When it was in suction mode I'd encourage the kids to put their hands over
the  outlet end to make it work. Of course when the diaphram went into the
downstroke, they got SOAKED royally. That was like a 3.5" pipe pumping a
full stream.