[SEL] OT: Spindle Oil, Lathes & Hammonds

guitronics guitronics at comcast.net
Sun Mar 27 02:42:33 PST 2005

John: You sure know your Hammond stuff. I'm not a keyboard player,I'm a
guitar picker.My younger brother in Florida has been in a Blues/Rock
band(Redeye Express) for 15 years or so.His keyboard player was dragging
a B3 and one or 2 Leslies all over....but it was a vintage instrument,
and started having problems.He has it in his band room, with the
Leslies....the Leslies got motors rebuilt 3 yrs. ago....Now he has some
kinda newfangled Electronic (Portable) setup,and darned if it doesn't
sound EXACTLY like the B3 + Leslies! He has had people Beg him to sell
any part of the B3 setup, but is keeping it as an investment,and uses it
occasionally as a "Stationary Model".