[SEL] GOLIATH POWER FORGING HAMMER

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 11:15:38 PST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:35:00 -0800, Rob Skinner <rskinner at rustyiron.com> wrote:
> > Somewhat over the top with description AND pricing. You could probably
> > still pick one up in the Midalnds around Brum for scrap price.
>
> Hi Peter,
> As I've said before, you guys live in the land of milk and honey.  Smaller trip
> hammers bring some pretty good jack here.  Perhaps you could bring out a few
> next month and offer them up at the auction.
>
> Rob

Not quite! :-))

We do still have a lot of old machinery going for a song, as
manufacturing is on the slide over here, just as it was in the USA a
few years back. Anything in mechanical engineering seems to be just
scrap value these days.

Here is a typical example, posted in a local newspaper in the West of England:

"LATHE. Colchester Student.  Round top, gap bed , approx 30in between
centres, 3+4 jaw chucks and steady.  3-phase , gwo.  Mill. Bridgeport
, 3 phase, power feed, gwo £800 the pair. "

At $US 1800.00 or so, that is not bad at all !!

Plus the Beaver Turret mill we bought on ebay recently for £500, that
is very good considering that it's normal market value should be £2500
or so.  There is just no market now, so people like us who want a
cheap bit of machinery are indeed in the land of milk and honey!

Not far to go until we get on the big bird....

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com