[SEL] Piston Ring Gap

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 11:22:23 PST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:06:38 -0500 (EST), Arnie Fero
<fero_ah at city-net.com> wrote:
> I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the spring-loaded hones you
> describe are also just glaze breakers.  They will not do a thing for
> out-of-round or tapered bores.  Precision cylinder hones are rigid (like
> the Sunnen) and are damn expensive!!
>
> See ya,  Arnie
>
> Arnie Fero

There is/was a precision honing company in Luton that we have used in
the past, they certainly had some weird machinery there!

They did all sorts of precision rifle-bore (cannon-bore?)  type of
stuff, but were always happy to help out with the occasional sideline
job like a barrel off an engine.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes