[SEL] Gas Engines and Steam Tractors

Joe & Jewel Maurer toadhill at aeroinc.net
Sat Mar 26 07:12:39 PST 2005

While I'm starting the discussion with steam tractors, it does work down to gas engines.  Steam boilers don't blow up steam boilers, operators do.  Had four steam tractors in the state of Illinois (talk about stupid).  The inspections can be tough.  On the other hand, the state of Minnesota requires the operator be licensed.  We were licensed steam engineers 2nd class in the state of Minnesota and that makes much more sense.

ANYWAY, the steam engines became such a pain in the rear that I went back to GAS ENGINES and enjoy life much more than before!!

Joe Maurer
Toadhill Farm