[SEL] Boort Auction Report

David Nicolson dnicolson40 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 26 03:27:42 PST 2005

Hi All, just returned home from Boort auction . It was an interesting sale
with some very desirable engines up for sale, these included
jelbart,hornsby,austral,blackstone and the usual more common varieties. Adam
and myself left Warrnambool at 4am for the 4hr drive up to Boort. We arrived
at 8am to find nothing was even setout for the 10am start but it wasn't long
before the engines came rolling in. But it still took them until 10.30am
before the sale got under way. here is a list of what the better engines
sold for - 14hp Jelbart $13100.00, 6hp coffin type Hornsby $6900.00, 6hp
Blackstone $5400.00, 6hp Austral $5500.00 with the others bringing from
$100.00 up to $1300.00.Three transports sold for $150.00 up to $260.00. We
came home fairly light ,i purchased one of the transports. A good day in
engine world. Dave