[SEL] Piston Ring Gap

Rupert Wenig rwenig at telus.net
Fri Mar 25 07:32:27 PST 2005

Hello Luke,
	Are you saying the piston already fits the cylinder bore? If so, then
simply file the ends of the rings to get proper end gap clearance.
Piston to cylinder wall clearance and the ring end gap are determined by
the diameter of the bore and the temperature the engine operates at.
It's been a long time since I've had to know this so any tables I have
are buried deep.

	Kerosene is recommended in my books to use as a lubricant when cutting
aluminum but I prefer to use WD40.

Rupert