[SEL] Need Help with 1-1/2 HP Petter / now flywheel taper

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Thu Mar 24 11:28:25 PST 2005

Luke,
My opinion is that the hub should be cut on the same 1/8"/foot taper to
match the gib key taper. If not then there is a single line of contact
between the key and the hub and this 1) does not hold nearly as well and
2) tends to tip the flywheel on the shaft.

A while back there was a discussion about this concerning Baker Monitor
gears and hubs. The one Devin and I are working certainly has tapered
keyways although some Baker experts indicate this should not be.
Curt