[SEL] OT... need some computer advice for Windows XP

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:44:21 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:02:31 -0700, Richard Strobel
<Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote:
> What attribute should I change them to and can I do that in bulk?
>
> Thanks much Peter
> RickinMt.

Go to the folder of the copied files, click on one file (not
double-click) so the name is highlighted, then Ctrl-A (Conbtrol-A) to
select all files, then right-click on any file while they are all
highlighted.

That will bring up a dialogue (dialog) box, at the bottom of which
should be the attributes. Untick the 'read-only' box and then click
'Apply'. If there are any subdirectories in there you will be asked
'for this folder or all folders' or something like that, you need to
select all folders.

That should clear the Read-Only attribute and enable the files to be edited.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com