[SEL] OT... need some computer advice for Windows XP

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:12:53 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:11:00 -0700, Richard Strobel
<Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote:
> Have the same problem Curt,  It's renamed everyone of my jpegs...aarrrghhh
>
> Good Luck and I'll do some reading tonight...aaarrghh again
>
> RickinMt.

I think Bill is quite correct, Win98 was always a consumer programme
and didn't have all the bells and whistles of NT, even with the SE
edition.

If you have anything that needs reliable processing, then get into
Win2kPro or XP Pro, both are pretty bullet-proof and although I have a
preference for Win2kPro I know lots of folks that use and get on with
XP, including Dolly IIRC.

Don't forget also that most folder views are customisable in how you see files.

Peter

--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com