[SEL] "Free wheel, Locked wheel"

Tod Engine todengine at zoominternet.net
Tue Mar 22 18:39:49 PST 2005

You move the belt to the free wheel when you want to disengage the pump but
keep the power source running.  Then to engage the pump move the belt to the
locked wheel (called that becasue its "locked" to the driveshaft) and the
pump starts up.

Its used extensively in overhead line shafted machine shops.

Rick in Youngstown