[SEL] OT Strange bolt

BillMil357 at aol.com BillMil357 at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 15:31:09 PST 2005

Hey Guy's, Its not that this bolt didn't have any thread and was just
smooth, it had grooves and ridges from the end all the way to the bolt  head and to
look at it you would think it had good threads.
Jim has the answer, I was thinking about a die cutting the threads, but if
the threads were rolled, when the machine started rolling the machine would
have to advance enough for each groove to line up with the groove beside it
when the bolt made one turn in the machine, am I right Jim? I knew you good
people would have the answer.

Thanks a Million,
Bill Miller
Memphis, TN.