[SEL] OT Strange bolt/gun barrel

Bill Boyce bboyce at swat.coop
Mon Mar 21 13:38:14 PST 2005

bill,, thats almost as weird as a gun barrel i bought once,,, i had ordered
a heavy barrel/target upper for AR15 once,, glanced down the barrell to see
if could see light, mounted the scope , hurridly ran a swab thru it once to
clean out any dirt from shipping, mounted it on the lower and went
shooting,,, couldnt get anything on a 2 foot square target at 100 yards,
moved up to about 25 yards and bullet holes were all over the sheet, going
in sideways even,,,,,, it was then that i took a close look down the barrel,
and could find NO riflings,,,,,, had a hard time convincing the builder when
i called him to return it,,, he said he'd NEVER  had that happen before,,,,,
bill boyce
lost prairie, arkansas