[SEL] Novo - Kreem

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Fri Mar 18 15:47:04 PST 2005

Kreem is a liquid plastic product used to repair fuel tanks - you empty
the tank and let it dry, then shake out all the loose crud and pour in
Kreem and turn the tank until all the internal surfaces are coated. Pour
the Kreem back into its container (ready for next time). After the stuff
dries you have a non-leaky tank. You might have to do it a couple of
times for enough thickness. There are other products that do the same
thing. I've used one and it seems to have worked ok. Soap is also useful
for a temporary seal if you're at a rally - just rub it over the leaky
seam or pinholes and they usually seal up.

Remember if you use a product like Kreem, first remove the fuel piping
and cover the hole on the outside with tape otherwise you'll block up
your pipe!

You can get Kreem and like products from motorcycle and vintage car
restoration places. Some autoparts shops might also stock it.

Paul

pjp at steamengine.com.au
Emerald, Victoria, Australia
www.steamengine.com.au