[SEL] Novo

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Thu Mar 17 12:16:28 PST 2005

Finished up the Novo I started earlier this year. When I first cranked it up
after purchasing it smoked terribly. After tearing it down, I didn't find
anything terribly wrong, so I cleaned it up, gave it a ring and valve job
and now it runs fine. I have the RPM down to less than 300, and when I have
run it some to break in the rings a little better I will see how slow I can
make it run. I'm looking for 150 to 200 RPM if that's possible.
Pics of the project are at
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=3009545&a=31525987&vt=vp
I bought a couple of engines at the Turlock swap meet this last weekend, a
Monitor and an Ottawa. Their pics are at the bottom.
Dave