[SEL] Now Listeroid Emissions Rules (Was Website Ripoff)

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Wed Mar 16 15:46:48 PST 2005

Yes. In 1999, when Mike Montieth was the only guy importing them, he
faced a lot of hassle with the EPA. They really didn't quite know what
to do with them, but there was a big agency push to crack down on
Diesel emissions. They finally agreed to let him bring some in as he
told them they were primarily for engine collectors, but they said he
couldn't bring any in after January 1, 2000. Dolly came in a batch that
arrived shortly before that. Mike got his contacts to hurry up and send
some certified as made before 1/1/00, which arrived in May 2000 as I
recall, and they were to be the last. Sometime since, someone got the
EPA to allow them to come in with a certification that they were for
stationary use and would not be put in any vehicle for some period of
time, and apparently that's the current situation.

John

On Mar 16, 2005, at 5:55 PM, Reg Ingold wrote:

> If I remember rightly, wasnt there some worry about them not meeting
> emmission controls?

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA