[SEL] OT Another case of web site rip-off

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Wed Mar 16 13:08:59 PST 2005

Hi Arnie -

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Arnie Fero wrote:
>

>>Gee, I don't think we should hold THAT against 'em.  I think there are
>>experts in the hobby who, for example, have never taken an engine to a
>>show.  It doesn't appear to have lessened their contribution.

Absolutely true. But, I would think that would deminish some of their
credibility as far as them being able to say "We build complete Lister
"Listeroid" Generator Systems...". That's not to say they don't have
other people involved doing the design work.

>So these "sales figures" might be phony?  Whoda thunk it!!
>http://www.oldstylelisters.com/special_announcements.html

That's what's being implied, anyway.

>Fact or hearsay?

No facts on paper, but the Ebay status situation comes from 2 different
sources. Again, it's at minimum, a good reason for me to raise a red
flag until I know for sure.