[SEL] Eagles have left

Russell Gilbert russell at ncable.com.au
Tue Mar 15 04:04:22 PST 2005

G'day all, well I have had a day or two to recover from the big Sunday BBQ.
I'm sure we all had a great time although the foreigners reckoned it was a
little to warm for them.  Around Sunday lunch time I picked up Kerry, Ruth,
Curt & Missy and went for a nice cruise in my 68 Pontiac out to Wentworth
for a look at a few engines and an old paddle steamer. I broke the ice with
Curt and Missy by telling them you guys have had a yard sale on their
behalf and managed to get $500 for the Abernaque. I thought Curt's jaw was
gonna hit the ground for a second, :-) Just had to be there.

Most interest seemed to be in the 22.5hp Petter our club has. Also in the
big Ronnies (Ronaldson & Tippet) I think Curt would dearly love to take an
Austral home with him.  We got home around 5pm and thought it the perfect
time to have a coldie!  Started my monitor first before the Hornsby and
Blackstone.  Had all the girls in the shed with us with Missy doing her
best to educate Carmel that is was cool for women to own engines too. I've
already suggested that I would be more than happy to buy her 1 or 3. Not
only that, Missy has also convinced Carmel that we should come to Portland
as they don't just have engines but beer tasting and shopping days as well.
Look out you guy's, we are come'n!  Well a few more beers and a few more
engine fumes and we decided it was getting to hot in the shed so off for a
dip in the pool. Well a perfect night was upon us, Ruth picked the music,
(Meat Loaf) Kerry grabbed a few more beers and Missy getting excited about
the fact we were going to cook dinner.  Well I cooked a BBQ. (with real
food for those ozzies who think I only eat tin food) Cooked it in the dark
with the help of Missy who said I should learn to do it by touch! mmmmmmmm
Well I must have touched it well as it was alright. Whilst Curt looked on I
thought it necessary to give Missy a few lessons on Ozzie grammar, She'll
turn out a real bonza chick if she can keep it up. A couple of bottles of
red and a bit of a sing song saw us all enjoying the night. Thought it a
good time to knock up some pancakes and ice cream before some story telling
etc. Next minute it was bloody late and time to call it a big fun day!

Great fun this hobby, it's so much more than just playing with engines. All
the people you meet along the way are a big part off what it's all about.
Hope we left a good impression, I'm still giggling. By the way, what
happened to the 2 burnt pancakes! Couldn't find them in the morning.

PS: I'm glad I don't live to close to Kerry, he always leads me astray!
Twice in two weeks!

PSS: Curt and Kerry need to loose the Pommy cars they have and get some
real muscle!

Russell & Carmel

Russell Gilbert
Sunny Sunraysia