[SEL] FM Mdl Z Style C 3HP

Reg Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Mon Mar 14 14:53:34 PST 2005

An awful lot can be achieved with a sash cramp and a few wood wedges. A lot
depends on how robust the spokes are.  A solid wheel is an easy 'pull' job.
I have had most success going from the buckled rim to the shaft end on the
other side but, if you can wedge the good side firmly, then you can pull
against it.
Common sense and a bit of 'feel' for what you are doing is the order of
things.
If you doubt the ability of the wheel to take the stress, dont do it.
The shafts are mostly mild steel and, if it bent cold, it will come back
cold too. If you apply heat, it will bend in a new spot. It changes things
so much, that without a huge press, you will go nowhere.

Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
randmingold at hotkey.net.au
http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold