[SEL] Eagles have Landed, somewhat OT

Russell Gilbert russell at ncable.com.au
Sun Mar 13 03:19:12 PST 2005

Hi all from the Holland's in Mildura. We are at Russell Gilbert's with many
beers and bottles of wine from the Naracoorte region behind us. We've all
got full bellies as Russell cooked a gourmet meal for us all. That bloke
can cook! The wine has apparently impaired the better judgement of both
Kerry and Russell as at the moment they have dropped their shorts and
hopped in the hot tub together. The rest of us couldn't bear the prospects
of what might be happening in the dark up there in the hot tub and
retreated to the viranda. They keep hollaring some shit about "true
Ozzies", whatever that implies. Their wives are drowning their sorrow at
the moment.
Gotta tell you I shit when I read about the unbelievable deals to be had at
the 8 day sale at some engine collector's in NC. THEN I read a little
closer only to find out that was my shit being sold off. Yeah thank heaps
Larry Sain and Oyster brothers. I owe you blokes big. Seeing as I have
nothing left in the engine sheds at home I might as well buy some engines
to send home. doG these blokes have some fine engines! There are
Crossley's, Tangey's, Hornsby's, Blackstone's as common as Maytag's here.
The big surprise at the National was the number of Hercules model S horse
and a halfs. Jotted down all the s/n's for you Glenn.
Thanks to wonderful host and tour guides Kerry and Ruth we have seen some
unbelievable private collections. The girder frame Hornsby Ackroyds are by
far the most stunning of engines.
Well it is time to wrap this email up as I have emptied this beer and it is
time for another. It's 10:30 pm on a Sunday night and we've been in the
sauce since early afternoon. It was over a 100°F today and the beer did go
down good!
Good night all.
Curt & Missy

Russell Gilbert