[SEL] A little bit of RED A$$

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sat Mar 12 07:00:42 PST 2005

Hi Dave,

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Dave Rotigel wrote:

>          Like Ed at Hit and Miss, Ken is in business to make money--NOT to
> "help" our hobby. There is simply more money in parts than there is in
> "whole" engines!

Having bought parts from both Ed and Ken I know only too well how much
money there is in parts!!!  And in all cases I was happy to pay because I
had been looking for years for the parts I needed.  When you finally find
'em, the price really isn't as important as it is in "commodity" items
that you can shop around for.

As Ken said when I tried to "negotiate" on the price (he did come down
some), "there just aren't that many of these around; especially not in
this condition."  He was right.  He knew it.  I knew it.  I paid it.
And I was damn happy to be dragging my find back to the area.

See ya,  Arnie

PS - One practice of some sellers in the hobby is to remove the mag and
bracket from a running engine and cobble up a buzz coil rig to run it and
sell both in separate transactions.  The seller makes a bit more that way,
but that practice does a real disservice to the hobby IMHO.

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com