[SEL] Re: Rotary & Impulse Mags and a big Wahoo!!!!!!!

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Thu Mar 10 16:40:45 PST 2005

Well gang, I did the kid next door trick, and she's got spark, not much but
enuf to cause that "fine stream pi$$in."  and no, I wouldn't let Cork do the
cranking <vbg>.  This Dixie 46 does not have an audible impulse unlike the
pigs or Wisconsin "V"'s.  But of course we are hard of hearin'.  We then got
pretty excited and  put some gas in the carb bowl, pulled the choke and on
the 4 pull she fired and ran.  Gambling on the retard/advance we went ahead
anyway, as I know the dislocated thumb trick.

  She's a RUNNER and came to life after 50 years.  Ya know around three
years ago, I was told to trust an old mag although it was a Webster at the
time,, and this upholds the theory that mag's are pretty much bullet proof
if in reasonably good condition.  The magnet would not hold a small
screwdriver but had enuf to do the job.  We'll go ahead and recharge it
anyway.

Now we need to find out how to hook up the dynamo and we'll be in tall
cotton.

Happy campers in Mt.!!!!!!!!!!
Cork and Rick