[SEL] Bamford EV1 Governor Setup

sutter sutter6 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 6 23:21:07 PST 2005

G'day List

Does anyone in Melbourne or surrounding area have a Bamford EV1 so I
could check out the governor setup?

ie. Distance from end of crankshaft  to face of flywheel hub, clearance
between governor weights and governor arm, distance between gov.arm
pivot bracket and cylinder block,whether I am missing a spacer between
the governor sleeve and main bearing and other questions.

I pulled this engine apart 2 years ago and did not take a great deal of
notice regarding the governor  - probably because it seemed very
straight forward - now on re-assembly the "fingers'of the governor
weights hit the governor arm when I turn it over - does not seem quite
right!

To look at a working engine would be great.

Thanks

Rod Sutter
sutter6 at bigpond.net.au
Melbourne, Australia