[SEL] Sulzer Blast Injection Diesel

Paul Evans paul at semidiesel.com
Fri Mar 4 16:12:38 PST 2005

We have an interesting event at the museum on Easter Monday 28th March, I'll put some video and pics
on the site afterwards.

We were very lucky last year to acquire a 1912 Sulzer 25hp single cylinder air blast Diesel with
less than 50 hours running time. The engine last ran in 1936 and was kept in a heated environment
until removal last year.

Working on it has been an absolute joy as it is in perfect condition, not a nut rounded off anywhere
and everything comes apart as it should.

The engine has now turned over on compressed air but we need new high pressure bottles before we can
run for the first time. Starting air is 900 p.s.i and injection air 650 p.s.i. (no load)

Plenty of work to be done yet to finish the "engine room" before Easter but it should all work ok.

Pics at:-

http://www.internalfire.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=49

Cheers
Paul

http://www.internalfire.com
Internal Fire, Museum of Power
Tanygroes, Ceredigion, Wales
Tel: 01239 811212

Internal Fire is a Not-for-Profit company registered in the UK.