[SEL] 5hp Bulldog

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Thu Mar 3 17:02:30 PST 2005

> Hi JB,
>
> Man I am proud you got the Bull Dog engine, I know you will search and find
> parts or make them yourself and get it going,  and it will help take up a  lot
> of that free time you have, (just kidding).
>
> An OLE engine friend,
>
> Bill Miller.
> Memphis, TN.
Bill, my current project came from this same gentleman, a 6hp vertical Domestic sideshaft, pretty much a basket case but worth the time and effort. The piston and rod were missing on this engine also. The cylinder was pitted pretty bad, I bored it .125 over to 5 1/8", used a F-M rod, repoured the bearing and made a piston out of aluminum since this is a closed crank engine. My first thought was to sleeve it, but at 1/8" over the cylinder wall is still .520" thick. I'm making the wrist pin right now, it should have compression for the first time in many years.
J.B. Castagnos
Belle Rose, LA