[SEL] What was your best engine trip?

George Best George_Best at adp.com
Thu Mar 3 08:49:19 PST 2005

I've been disappointed that hardly anyone has shared their engine trip
stories.

Don't you people ever go anywhere????

For me, visiting collectors makes any trip a great trip.  Well.....
Maybe not 100% true as you may go visit a collector and find out he
isn't interested in showing you anything and has no interest in starting
up anything.  However, with a little planning you can locate collections
where you know you'll be welcome and the person is glad to give you a
grand tour and truly enjoys talking about engines and showing their
collection.

Visiting collectors is the only way you will ever see some engines.  I'm
sure a lot of us know of rare engines that are never shown at public
shows and you can only see if the collector is willing to show it to
you.

Seems to me if you enjoy this hobby that you must have gone somewhere at
sometime to buy an engine or at least look at some engines!

Some people, including myself, say that SEL is dying.  Which is true if
you're not interested in posting any engine related topics or stories.
Being a "lurker" doesn't help, and only making wise cracks or off topic
postings doesn't help either.

WAIT George