[SEL] OT partly - re-chroming parts and valve and swap date questions

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Wed Mar 2 05:58:57 PST 2005

Anyone know of a place where one can get parts done with a "satin chrome"
finish? I've got some pieces that were chrome - but they were originally
satin chrome finish, not the mirror finish like car bumpers.
They are rusty now, of course.....

Can cast iron be chrome plated?

And to help keep this on topic at least a little -
Anyone know Le Suer swap dates? Is it always last weekend in April?

And finally - when I eventually get the VERY stuck exhaust valve out of
the big Chapman, it will be worthless - can anyone make valves with VERY
long stems? This baby has a valve stem that must be nearly a foot long.
(thus, it's impossible to get out in one piece - that's over 6" of rusted
valve in guide)
No way to buy one that will be even close like we can the other engines.

Bill