[SEL] OT, E-bay scam??

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 23:19:15 PDT 2005

On 6/30/05, Jeff Allen <transteck at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just got something from e-bay (maybe) but it's in German. Don't have a
> clue what it says. If you speak German and would allow me to forward it,
> contact me off list. I think it's a new scam, but without being able to
> read it I don't know.
>
> Jeff Allen

As Lew says, send it (verbatim) to spoof at ebay.com. There are many of
these going round for ebay and PayPal, lesser numbers for various
banks. At least ebay and PayPal have set up channels for folks to send
them to, most Banks haven't a clue when it comes to responses to these
things.

The latest one for PayPal is a spoof telling you that someone has sent
you a payment for an item, and that there is a query on the
transaction. I don't know how many of these emails get sent out, but
we are getting 2 or 3 a week regularly.

spoof at paypal.com
spoof at ebay.com

Peter