[SEL] Astle Park 1000 Engine Rally

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 02:21:27 PDT 2005

On 6/26/05, Dave Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>          Two questions:
>                  1.) Why is this called the 1,000 Engine Rally when there
> has never been over 500 engines there? and
>                  2.) Did Arnie stay "at home" in the hot tub?
>          Dave

Hi Dave:

You've been very quiet of late... :-))

The "1000 Engine" title is a carry-over from the days when it was held
at Tatton Hall, and they probably did get close to 1000 engines on a
couple of occasions but I don't think we have ever met that total to
my knowledge.

There have been other rallies in the 1980's which also had very high
turn-out figures, but the quality of the engines was questionable!

Arnie's movements (both bodily and physically!) we are not party to,
but I am sure that Dolly will be reporting soon... we only had half an
hour or so to chat with them before we were off again on our
collection trip.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes