[SEL] Oak wood for carts

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Fri Jun 24 04:47:54 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/24/2005 3:02:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rotigel at alltel.net writes:

<< Time (and weather) will take it's toll and the pieces will come apart! >>

Dave,

I recently uses some polyurethane, supposedly water proof glue to assemble
the church bell rope wheel I recently built.  You wet the wood prior to assembly
for adhesion and I assume as a catalyst to make the glue work.  It spits,
foams, and expands out of every crack and crevice it can find.  It will be
interesting to see how it holds up to the weather.  The old one lasted 40 years and
hopefully this one will be longer.  Maybe someone can send me an update in 30
years where I am.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com