[SEL] Oak wood for carts

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Thu Jun 23 08:36:41 PDT 2005

Curt, I might be able to help.  I buy oak slab wood to burn and sometimes
encounter a timber that's just too good to put in the furnace.  It's rough
and of odd dimensions and sometimes not real straight but if you can plane
it down to dimension I probably have a couple of sticks what would work for
your purposes.  Most of my oak is burr oak, I don't know how that finishes
up.  A friend uses quite a bit of it to make furniture, so it must look
pretty good.

Shipping may be a bit, although I'd be able to get them down to about 50
inches before shipping.

We'll see what others come up with, maybe you can find something closer to
home.  I'm headed out of town for a few days (old iron trip, even, headed to
Canada to pick up a 1929 JD D) but will be back online Sunday some time.

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.