[SEL] Sattley manual

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Wed Jun 15 04:44:29 PDT 2005

Jeff,
I thought your eBay comment was excellent!
Reading the manual I was surprised at the factory recommendation of 5
drop of cylinder oil per minute per HP. That's WAY more than I tend to
run on my engines and the pistons stay whetted with oil. I always
figured if there was excess oil running into the crank sump then there
was plenty of cylinder oil. I set mine on a few drops per minute
regardless of HP. Maybe I'm not oiling enough.
How about the rest of you, what kind of oil rates do you use? What do
you use as a guide to say you're oiling enough?
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC