[SEL] FF engine dating?

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 13 05:26:09 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Evans" <jerrye at databak.co.za>
To: <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 2:59 PM
Subject: [SEL] FF engine dating?

> Hi all,
> Can anyone help in dating a Danish FF engine. I'm making a brass plate for
> someone whose is missing.
> I have the following details off another identical engine:
> No. = 14722
> H.P. = 6-7
> R.P.M. = 8/990
> Year = 1959
> The one I need to date has an engine number of 15194 (472 engines later
> than the above) so I assume that it would either be a 1959 or 1960 engine.
> I would appreciate if anyone could pinpoint it.
> This is one of the few manufacturers that I have come across who actually
> put a date on the makers plate. If only more had done so it would make
> these things so much easier to research !
> Best regards  Jerry Evans.

Hi Jerry, I have just spoken to the firm of "FF" in Denmark.
(In mixed Danish/English as neither of us were good in the other language)
Unfortunately FF were bought out by another firm in 1997 & no history was
passed on. FF pumps are still made but the engines on them although badged
FF are made by other firms.
I have asked a Danish engine collecter to see if he can tie your date down closer.
Regards,
Dave Croft
Warrington
England