[SEL] maytag help

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Mon Jun 13 17:46:46 PDT 2005

> Now that you said, "You will be the one with the huge leg"
> reminds me of when I had my 1950  80" Shovel / Pan Harley.
> THe muscles in my right leg were getting pretty hard.
> Had perspiration stains all over the exhaust also.

Been there, done that. Mine was a '63 FL. When I was riding it
regularly and everything was just right, I'd give it one priming kick
and one with the switch on, and it'd fire right up. Impressed
bystanders. If I let it sit more than a few days, it'd get really
cranky! I've worn myself to sweat-drenched exhaustion and ended up
pushing it down a hill. If I didn't use at least third gear, it'd slide
to a stop when I let out the clutch and I'd really cuss in despair. If
someone tried it who forgot to retard the spark with the left handgrip,
it'd launch 'em moonward. My brother got the heel kicked off of one of
his shoes that way.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA