[SEL] International LB 1½ -2½ HP Oiling Questions

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 15:04:19 PDT 2005

Hi List,
One of the IHC LB engine I have came to me in a basket  condition.  The
previous owner had removed the valve oiler pipe and  wick.  I need to know where I
can get wicking and how to install it?
When I removed the hand hole cover, I noticed that there was  wicking
material wrapped around the governor weights.  This wicking  material was removed.  I
don't know from where this wicking  came.  There was about three cups full of
oil soaked  wicking.  Is this wicking required?  I didn't see any of this
wicking  called out in the LB Operator's Manual.
The connecting rod journal on  the crankshaft seems to have a  drilled oil
passage to get oil to the connecting rod bearing.  How does the  oil get to this
passage?  The Operator's Manual is very vague in this  area.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA