[SEL] OT - Oversized seals

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Mon Jun 6 20:36:29 PDT 2005

Joe - I like the ideas a couple of them had about the seal kits.
I've used them on the harmonic balancers of car engines - it's a stainless
sleeve you push on and it's held with loctite. If there is any wear or
groove, etc. this takes care of it, not to mention it builds the shaft a
slight bit.
It's worth a shot.
I figured you have the basic bases covered, but you know, had to ask
anyway........ You run the fluid level about perfect. 3/4 to 1 inch down is
what I've always done. Basically, to first joint on little finger.

Bill