[SEL] Engin cart OT sorta kinda maybe?

Ed Herreid bigtime64 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 2 06:42:51 PDT 2005

Howdy Leroy,

They say warped minds think alike but in this case I dont know if it is good
or bad.  Dad had the same idea last year prior to show season.  He has
several different engines on wooden skids and all were a pain to load and
take to shows for the same reason.  He devised a cart to do what I think you
are describing.  It is a wood cart with a flat solid top with a slot in the
middle.  Any of the engines can be placed on top.  Then he uses a short wood
cross brace and a couple carriage bolts with wing nuts to hold it in place.
Any engine with a skid can fit and be clamped down.  There is a picture of
it with a couple handsome dudes in the background on Lukes Portland page
here.  http://www.oldengine.org/members/luket/port04/port04-25.jpg
There are a couple more partial photos down further on the page too.  It is
not perfect but it works. You still gotta lift it off the ground to put it
on the cart but after that it moves around real good.   If you need more
pictures let me know.

Ed Herreid
Trevor Wisconsin