[SEL] Are we all insane??

WinkAndGinger at aol.com WinkAndGinger at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 16:36:37 PDT 2005

In a message dated 7/25/2005 9:19:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rskinner at rustyiron.com writes:

> Yes Jerry,
> We are conquistadors of the useless, compulsive addicts of the absurd.
>
> With engines, there is the expenditure of precious time, marital harmony,
> financial stability,  set against the transitory pleasure of the reanimation
> of
> a useless object, the thrill of the first "chuff," the fleeting satiation of
> an
> irrational desire. The fact that there will always be a bigger or rarer
> engine
> guarantees the desire can never be fully gratified.  This is the addiction.
> Perhaps the desire is deeply rooted in the very absurdity of the
> undertaking. It
> is so wonderfully pointless and meaningless that it has to be done.
>
> Rob "Don't Call Me Simpson" Skinner

Yup!    I know I fit the discription, 'cause I understood what Rob was
saying!

Wink & Ginger Thornton,
Yucca Valley Ca., USA
KG6TVW, KG6TVV
The older the violin....the sweeter the music!
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4114826&a=30951078&pw=