[SEL] O.T. Need to talk to some Cajun List Members

Bo mmco at cox-internet.com
Tue Jul 19 16:47:17 PDT 2005

Hi Paul , just think of it as a pretty good size insulated box with a cover
for the top that makes a good sealing fit that you put your charcoal on to .
All four sides and bottom needs to be well sealed and well insulated . We
make the inner part using thin stainless , then about 1" of foam ( the kind
they use to insulate steam lines ) fitted in and next to the stainless box
,then wrap it all around with lumber or thin aluminum real tight ( also use
lumber or aluminum on the bottom ) and then make the lid .Lets say the box
is 2' square ( it should be counter sunk ) , the lid should fit real snug
when put it on and everything on top of the lid should also be insulated
EXCEPT for a 1' square right in the center of the lid and that is where you
put the coals .I also built one with removable racks in it so your meat
could be stacked at one , two , or three different levels . Light the coals
, go party and come back in about 6 or seven hours and the meat is ready to
eat .
Makes me hungry just thinking about it .

Bo Hinch