[SEL] reid hot tube burner

Paul + Colleen Gray pcgray at zoominternet.net
Sun Jul 17 11:49:28 PDT 2005

Barry-
I find that if you are making your own chimney burners, it is difficult
to get the fuel to  draw in the right amount of air. So I use a piece
of 1/16 brass tubing in place of the orifice and make it project into
the tube carrying the air fuel mix. If it burns too rich, ie flame
coming out of the top, then crimp down the tube a bit until the burner
gives a slight roar and a bright blue flame. I posted a picture on
OFES. It is also less likely to flash back and burn in the mixer where
air is sucked in.  I got my tube from a good hardware shop which stocks
K+N brass stock assortment. I think it was $1.50 for 3' of tube.  I
make the mixers from a 3/8-1/4 pipe reducer and hog out the sides on
the mill. Or you could use a drill. I tap the ID of the 1/4" pipe male
for 1/8 pipe to accept the orifice.
here is a picture
http://www.oilfieldengine.com/oilfield/shop/posts/2276.html

If there is no red, it will act as though dead!

Paul Gray
Just south of the Manson-Nixon line in MD