[SEL] Fw: [STATIONARY_FLYWHEEL_ENGINES] gas engine info needed

nick nick at holden1.net
Sat Jul 16 07:14:49 PDT 2005

 can any one help on the list
nick

Nick Holden
Banbury
Oxfordshire (UK)
 nick at holden1.net
http://community.webshots.com/user/nickholden
-------Original Message-------

From: cerwin007ca
Date: 07/16/05 14:39:48
To: STATIONARY_FLYWHEEL_ENGINES at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STATIONARY_FLYWHEEL_ENGINES] gas engine info needed

Hi all, I am looking for info on the floowing engines and was
wandering if any one elese here had any information or one of these
engines, Thanks for you time.

cerwin

The engines are as follows

#1 - J.A.FELLOWS - any info on engines or pumps or who exactly made
them, a freind of mine picked one up a few years ago and we have
been hunting for info ever since, have here that J.A.FELLOWS worked
for G.S at M goold shaply and miur at one time then starte makeing his
own (don't know for how long or when exactly) also heard that
Sandwich and gsm may have a connection but this is all info I have
found on the net. Any help or comments would be great.

#2 - Have what I belive is a GRAY gas engine but has no plates on
it, has the following numbers cast into it - 19 on both flywheels 29
on the water hooper and IHC  or 1HC cast into top of head, I had a
chance to take a look at a gray and the two engine where alomost
exact with the same #'s cast in and everthing but his engine has
gray cast right into the water hopper in large letters with some
other info and mine has non of this?

#3 - Gilson modle X 1918? - a 3 HP gilson made in guelph ont canada
which the previous owner told us was of 1918 vintage, but I can fine
no info on the modle X and have been tol that the plant stoped
makeing engines in 1917 also my engine is almost the same as the
modle C only the carb is on top on mine and down below on the C and
info would be welcome

#4 - Dose any one have instruction books or manuals or just starting
and running info on a 4.5 hp  type two massy harris ? got fuel and
spark (but may be too week) and had the tractor turning the engine
over for a hour last week and still can't get the thing to fire.

Well that's all for now have a few more question but don't want to
ask over my quota.

Yahoo! Groups Links