[SEL] JD 160 Garden tractor question

rdhaskell at juno.com rdhaskell at juno.com
Sat Jul 9 20:06:02 PDT 2005

Hi all.  I am playing with a JD 160 garden tractor, trying to get the
keyed ignition switch to start the engine.  I have power to the switch,
when I turn the key to run I have power to another terminal.  But when I
turn it to start, no other terminals get power.  I know there is a safety
switch so it will only start in neutral, and possibly a safety switch in
the seat.  But surely when the key is turned to start the ignition switch
soul send power out to somewhere.  This is a new JD switch, the old
switch did the same thing that is why it was replaced.  Any suggestions
appreciated.  Thanks.

Ron Haskell
rdhaskell at juno.com
Riverside, California