[SEL] OT: London train & bus bombings: The thoughts of my familyare with our friends in England at present... another attack onour lives...

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Thu Jul 7 20:56:46 PDT 2005

Whether it happens in New York, Madrid, London, or anywhere else, it is
indeed an attack on all peaceful people of the world.  I remember well the
outpouring of support on Sept 11, it still brings chills up my spine as I
became aware of just how small our world really is, and the amount of
international goodwill and understanding that we mutually enjoyed.

The American news that I caught on the way home this evening had a great
story about how calm the citizens of London were, and how effective and
polite the police were while this is all happening.  I was riding a bus
between the airports in London this spring and a BMW ran in front of the bus
from a freeway entrance.  Of course, the BMW got the worst of the impact.
Everybody just kind of sat back, including a couple who missed their flight,
and patiently waited for the authorities to come before the bus moved on.

Indeed, the best to you from this side of the pond.

Who knows where the next one will be.

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.