[SEL] O.T. Trailer Safety

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 22:04:53 PDT 2005

On 7/6/05, Alan Bowen <rustaholic777 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I just had to tell y'all 'bout what happened to me last Friday at work.

<snipped>

Scary stuff indeed!

Our towballs are forged with integral mounting flanges, and have two
bolts on them to hold to the tow bar, so normally you can see
immediately if the tow hitch is loose, but we also have the hitches
that can be a pin type with a ball on the top of the pin if you know
what I mean, and these are the only sort that are quickly removeable.

The other feature that is useful on the trailer end of the hitch is an
integral lock in the hitch head, which means that you need a key to
hitch or unhitch the trailer. Still keep it chained to a tree in the
garden though! :-))

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes