[SEL] IHC Model 55 Hay Baler parts wanted

Colin M Rush chesnimnus at juno.com
Mon Jul 4 13:51:01 PDT 2005

Hello,
        I have a friend that is looking for some parts for the engine
unit used on the Model 55-T or Model 55-W Hay Baler made by International
Harvester.  This has a 113 CID gas engine, and looks virtually identical
to a Farmall A except it is less the wheels and transmission, and has
different sheet metal and a belt drive unit on the rear.  We are near
Portland, Oregon.

He needs, in any condition:

radiator;
grille (looks different than a Farmall, is taller and looks like a
homemade sheetmetal box with screen);
spark arrestor (does not use a muffler with raincap like the Farmalls),
this is the pipe from from the manifold up;
air cleaner assembly (the main assembly is identical to a Farmall A, but
it has a different precleaner, but that is still available new);
front crank (may or may not be the same as a Farmall A);
rear crank (to fit the belt drive unit)
rear crank nut (this is the part the crank pin engages, fits onto the
drive shaft, someone took it off long ago);
top and side sheet metal cowlings or fairings;
oil filler breather cap (I believe this is the same as Farmall A, and
there should be a yellow decal near the base);
governor rod (this is the one between the carb and the arm off of the
governor, this is still available new);
hour meter with associated mounting panel and wiring (this was an
optional item, and is mounted on the right {passenger} side of the motor
on the bellhousing);
and generator brackets (both the one on the block and the one on the
water pump, I believe this is the same as Farmall A);
and that is all for now.

Also, if you have one of these units, and it still has the decals, I
would like to get some photos of the decals.  The parts book shows this
as being devoid of decals except for one, and ours has a bunch that are
not in the pictures, but is missing the one that is.

If you have any of this stuff, drop me a line with your e-mail address or
phone number, and I will forward it onto him, and he can contact you.
Thanks in advance for your help.

-Colin Rush