[SEL] Another IHC LB Running

Rex Hinz rexhinz at chorus.net
Mon Jul 4 07:17:35 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <FRM8198 at aol.com>

Hi List,
My latest project -- another IHC LB is now running correctly after  I
finally
figured out what was wrong with the governor control.   (SNIP)

     Hi Francis and All ;

        I have a 1-1/2 hp LA , my first engine , it  looked like one piece
of rusty iron , I had to sleeve it and build the complete govoner rod system
,
after around $500 (much more then the engine will ever be worth) and many
hours labor and brain over loads it was running just like a Hit Miss engine
,
when it fires it sends a neat smoke ring into the air , I have had other
engine displayers ask me what I did to make it blow such neat rings, the
answer ,
I don't know but I'm not going to change it ,  The feeling you get when you
make an old hunk of Iron come back to life must is almost better then sex or
a can
of Ole Milwaulee(almost) , I now have around ten engines much older then the
La all running but when I start the LA the thrill is revisited. I love all
engines
wheather its an La or a 15 HP IHC , I am now working on a Cushman Cub  a
common engine but just as neat as the LA

Rex Hinz