[SEL] NW IHC Show Dates & New Name: Great Western Binder Bee/July 8, 9, and 10

Colin M Rush chesnimnus at juno.com
Sat Jul 2 12:56:33 PDT 2005

I thought I had posted about this here, but I guess I forgotten.  Sorry
for such short notice.

Those of you that attended the 2004 NW Binder RoundUp at the Western
Antique Powerland in Brooks, Oregon will be pleased to know that there
will another show this year at the same location.  The name has been
changed, and it is now called the Great Western Binder Bee.  The name was
selected to reflect its position as a western regional show for the left
half of the country.  Those of you with a tendency toward old McCormick
and other old ag machines will appreciate the name.  For those of you
that did not come last year, we had somewhere shy of 400 entrants, with
around 180 trucks and military vehicles, and the remainder being
tractors, industrial machines, reefers, engines, and even a humidifier.
>From what I have heard, this is larger than all but the Red Power
RoundUp.

This year we will be holding it again at the Western Antique Powerland in
Brooks, Oregon on July 8, 9, and 10.  Like last year, this will be open
to anything and everything made by IHC and is related companies built
between 1831 and 2005.  This year, there will also most likely be draft
animals pulling old implements by McCormick, Plano, and others.  We found
a club that is into draft animals, and their tools of  trade are almost
exclusively IHC.  Barring any conflict of date with another show that
they are already committed to, they will be there working the animals.
We also simplified the registration fees, and trimmed down the number of
judging categories.  Last year was too confusing.  Truck judging will be
done by a select committee from IHSTO.  I do not believe that there will
be any judging of the tractors and motors.  Like last year, there will be
camping and hookups onsite, and lodging within 10 minutes of the grounds.

If anyone wants to learn more about the Great Western Binder Bee, the
point man on this is John Donnelly.  He is the chairman for the show.  If
you want to get the registration packet mailed to you, please contact me,
or contact John at <dslscout at oregonsbest.com>.  The local IH vendors know
about this show too.  If you call Binder Books, you can ask them about
the show too.  If you are ordering anything from them, be sure to ask
them to include a flyer about the show.  Ultimately, you will have to get
the registration from John.  Judging by our feedback, this year's show
will be larger than last year.  Come one, come all, we hope to see you
there.

If you do not have time to preregister, you can still get in by just
showing up at the gate.  Please come.
-Colin Rush