[SEL] Sorta O/T..gear making

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Thu Jan 27 05:42:24 PST 2005

Pip..here's the websites J.B suggested;

http://www.rushgears.com/index2.asp?source=1     Read the FAQ's..and looks
like a good menu.

and the other one;

http://bostongear.com/index.asp   Shows combination gear ie  "Speed
changers."

Rushgear doesn't stock and they use reverse engineering  ie Send them your
broken gear(s) and in two weeks you'll have a new one.  Sounds promising.

  Boston gear advertises the straight rack gear and probably has the
matching round driver meshing gear so it looks like I might be able to
replace all the manual carriage traverse mechanism if I so desire or have
to.  SWAGGING that this assembly is not what I'd call super close tolerance
as it just moves the carriage manually back and forth...nothing to do with
threading.those gear are fine...halfnut questionable.

Headed back to those websites...THANKS J.B.!!!!!!!

Rick
PS: Rush gear gives an estimate after they receive your gears.