[SEL] Docs and Plumbers

Bruce Younger byounger at ci.lenexa.ks.us
Mon Jan 24 14:05:23 PST 2005

>>Dave,

>>    You sound like an old iron friend of mine who is a plumber.  He
told
me he got a call for a service run to a Drs. house.  It was a very minor

problem and took about 15 minutes to fix.  The Dr. asked him how much he

owed and my friend said "the service call base rate is $35".  The Dr.
seemed outraged and said "why you were here for only 15 minutes, that's
$140 and hour, thats twice what I make as a physician!".  My friend
looked him squarely in the eye and said "yeah, thats about what I made
when I was a physician too".

>>Tommy Turner

Ask the doc if he guarantees his work like the plumber does.

Bruce Younger
Lenexa, Kansas USA
mailto:sluggo54 at hotmail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This e-mail, including any files transmitted with it, is the property of the City of Lenexa, Kansas.  It is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual, or entity, to whom the e-mail is addressed.  If you are not the named recipient, or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at (913) 477-7500 and delete this message immediately from your computer.  Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.