[SEL] Lister Terminology Confusion + a question.

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Sun Jan 23 11:12:29 PST 2005

> G'day Brock....apologies for sending this (pic) to to group
> again...but it does reinforce your point. Mine is apparently a late
> 1939 early 1940 model.
>
> Any further thoughts John?

Just that Lister were apparently themselves confused. They used the CS
name as I said for those big inline engines, and in recent years only
listed the old 1 and 2 cylinder engines by the numerical designations
3/1, etc. on factory lists of engine models, years made and serial
numbers. I'm interested to hear that they did say "CS" on engine
plates. But do beware that if you order something for a "CS" Lister you
may get something you don't want, as I did.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA